Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neal

Default How do I send a copy via email in Word 2007 from a template?

I've added several custom word docs as .dot files, and I regularly contact
business leads by New, Document, from Template (Now from Trusted Template),
then filling in fields, tweaking the copy for the recipient, then hitting the
'email' icon. The to and from fields appear, along with a button labeled
'Send a Copy'. This functionality has been in Word since at least 2002.

I can't find it anywhere now. I"ve been on the new Word 2007 website,
scoured the help files...suggestions please? The only option I see is to
send it as an email attachment, and that attaches a Word_Template_ to the
email...not the way 'send a copy' has worked for a long time. I want to
display the text as normal email text, no attachment that gets stripped out
or unread by incompatible email clients.

And BTW that 'send as an internet fax' should be last in a list of several
options. I'd like the option to print to the windows fax (many of us still
use modems) or to configure good ol' Winfax to work with this function.
Thanks for your consideration.

neal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

You can add the Email command to your Quick Access Toolbar:

- Right-click the Ribbon and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar
- In the Choose Commands From drop down select "Commands Not in the
Ribbon"
- Locate the Email command
- Click the Add button to add it to your QAT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"neal" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neal

Thank you Beth. That did it.

I get a feeling the 'tips and tricks' publication and advanced web queries
will be indispensable for navigating this product, as there's no way I would
have discovered that. I read the assessment about 'using the other 80% of
office', and...it'll be hard be hard if we can't find it!!!!

: ) Cheers Neal

"neal" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

The fact that there is a "Commands not in the ribbon" category for the
QAT is helpful. If you find what you're looking for there you'll know
it isn't in the UI.

I suspect that eventually they'll come out with some type of reference
guide for finding commands in the new interface - it's still a little
early in the beta. :-)

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word