Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbarkman

Default How to cut/paste special from form field to remove the field w/MAC

URGENT - time is of the essence!

I need to cut and paste the text that is already entered into form fields.
I must paste it back into place WITHOUT the form field.

I was able to do this by selecting a form field with text entered, cut,
paste special & choosing the "unformatted text" option. This took the field
out and preserved the text.

I tried recording this in a macro, but the field was placed back into its
original location like nothing happened.

I have 45 documents with about 50 fields each and would prefer not to
manually do this to each field.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbarkman

Default How to cut/paste special from form field to remove the field w

That will do it. Since some of the fields are in table cells, I must select
within a cell and do it. I was able to make a button to do Ctrl+Shift+F9, so
at least I can pick a field (or fields within a cell) and pick my macro
button.

I'm curious...where could I have looked in the help documentation to find
this trick?

Thanks for your help!

"bbarkman" wrote in message
URGENT - time is of the essence!

I need to cut and paste the text that is already entered into form fields.
I must paste it back into place WITHOUT the form field.

I was able to do this by selecting a form field with text entered, cut,
paste special & choosing the "unformatted text" option. This took the

field
out and preserved the text.

I tried recording this in a macro, but the field was placed back into its
original location like nothing happened.

I have 45 documents with about 50 fields each and would prefer not to
manually do this to each field.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have to be aware that the form fields are fields and that Ctrl+Shift+F9
is the shortcut to unlink fields. You could find this in the Help topic
"Keyboard shortcuts" under Mail merge and fields: Working with fields.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you select the entire form and press Ctrl+Shift+F9?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.