Opie

Default turn off paragraph marking

I keep getting the paragraph mark when I open a document and the other marks
when I type. How can I turn it off?
Ed

In Word 2000, ToolsOptions, View tab, Formatting Marks, uncheck
everything.

"Opie" wrote in message
I keep getting the paragraph mark when I open a document and the other

marks
when I type. How can I turn it off?

Jay Freedman

Opie wrote:
I keep getting the paragraph mark when I open a document and the
other marks when I type. How can I turn it off?

Have you noticed the toolbar button with a paragraph mark (¶) on it? Click
it.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Carol

Hi Opie:

Click on the paragraph symbol (Show/Hide) on your toolbar and that should
take care of it for you. I hope this has been helpful to you.

"Opie" wrote:

I keep getting the paragraph mark when I open a document and the other marks
when I type. How can I turn it off?

garfield-n-odie

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm .