Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Building Tables of Contents using styles

Carol has told you about the Style Separator. For another method, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm

"dbolesny" wrote in message
For the type of work I do, using styles to build a Table of Contents is

much
preferred to using field codes.

I know that there is a way to insert a "hidden" paragraph mark (it shows

up
as a red paragraph mark) into text so that the text before the hidden mark

is
one style and the text behind the hidden mark is a different style. But I
cannot locate anywhere on the website how to manually insert this mark!

Help?

Ex:
If I have the following:
Example Title 1: and here is whatever babble that is the rest of the
paragraph...
and I want ONLY "Example Title 1" to show up in the Table of Contents,
I would insert this special paragraph mark directly after the "1" and

before
the ":"

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this!!