Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Occurence

if I type this word into a formfield of a protected document and then space,
it removes the 'rence' portion, what's going on?

Thanks,
Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Is there a maximum number of characters allowed in that field?

There are several ways to find out. One is to unprotece the document,
right-click on the field, and select "Properties." That window will tell you
the maximum length of the form field. Another way is to type other words into
the field and see if it truncates all words to the same length.

Fred

"bryan" wrote:

if I type this word into a formfield of a protected document and then space,
it removes the 'rence' portion, what's going on?

Thanks,
Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

There is no max on field length. I can type whatever I want into that form
field and there is no spell checking. The problem is when I type the word
occurence it drops the "ence". If I type Occurance (with an "a") it is fine.

Thanks,
Bryan