Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennifer72401 jennifer72401 is offline

Default Viewing Footnotes from Multiple Documents

Is there a way to view the footnotes from multiple documents? I have several
documents with footnotes and need to create a reference page from all of the
footnotes. Can this be done, maybe using the RD field?

thanks,
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jennifer

jennifer72401 wrote:
Is there a way to view the footnotes from multiple documents? I have several
documents with footnotes and need to create a reference page from all of the
footnotes. Can this be done, maybe using the RD field?

Hmm, even if you can get this to work with RD, you'd have to create
cross-references to each and every footnote to actually "see" anything.

So, I'd rather copy (select all footnotes in the footnotes view)all
footnotes from a document and paste special them into a new document,
and repeat this for every document. Separate the entries with headings
indicating which document you got the footnotes from.

If you need this to work dynamically, you'd have to automate via VBA (or
one of the .Net languages -- opening a document, cycling through its
footnote collection, etc.

HTH
Robert
--