Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DMT20906 DMT20906 is offline

Default New to Word 2007 - What would you call this feature / option?

If I know what is was called, I could look it up. Every text book today,
including "Microsoft Office Word 2007", Step by Step books has tips, tricks,
icons, text and artwork left, of the left margin, area of the page. What
would you call this feature (Margin layout, Margin override, Style?) and how
can I do it in my own document using Word 2007.

Thanks
--
DMT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For some suggestions, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"DMT20906" wrote in message
If I know what is was called, I could look it up. Every text book today,
including "Microsoft Office Word 2007", Step by Step books has tips,
tricks,
icons, text and artwork left, of the left margin, area of the page. What
would you call this feature (Margin layout, Margin override, Style?) and
how
can I do it in my own document using Word 2007.

Thanks
--
DMT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DMT20906 DMT20906 is offline

Thank you Susanne, it's a good start. At first glance I will just be
placing a "Frame" inside a "Style" inside a "Paragraph" that is inside a
"Document" with a negitive margin position, that is based on a standard
"Template".

This could take a while. Thanks again

Dallas

"DMT20906" wrote in message
If I know what is was called, I could look it up. Every text book today,
including "Microsoft Office Word 2007", Step by Step books has tips,
tricks,
icons, text and artwork left, of the left margin, area of the page. What
would you call this feature (Margin layout, Margin override, Style?) and
how
can I do it in my own document using Word 2007.

Thanks
--
DMT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, the frame is part of the paragraph style, and a template is not a
requisite unless you want to make it easy to access this style in many
documents. As the article notes, there are other ways to outdent headings
and put things in the margins, but for the types of things you mention, a
frame is the best approach, and it is superior to a text box expressly
because it can be incorporated in a style, which means that you can insert a
marginal box just by applying the framed style to your text.

http://word.mvps.org