Pookas

Default How do I retain formatting from an Excel Data File to a Word Merg.

I am merging an Excel File with a Word Document (Word 2002). For years in
the past I've had no problem but now the Excel Formatting is not retained.
How do I get the Word Document to retain the Excel formatting?

Thanks for your help.
CyberTaz

How exactly are you "merging" the Excel content into the Word doc?

If you try InsertObjectCreate From File & then specify the Excel file
involved, the Excel formatting should be retained.

Otherwise it is probably being inserted as a Word Table which would account
for the loss of formatting.

HTH |:)
"Pookas" wrote:

I am merging an Excel File with a Word Document (Word 2002). For years in
the past I've had no problem but now the Excel Formatting is not retained.
How do I get the Word Document to retain the Excel formatting?

Thanks for your help.

Pookas

"Pookas" wrote:

I am merging an Excel File with a Word Document (Word 2002). For years in
the past I've had no problem but now the Excel Formatting is not retained.
How do I get the Word Document to retain the Excel formatting?

Thanks for your help.

CyberTaz,

I am using the Merge Wizard. The Word document has MergeFields inserted (row
1 of the Excel file). In Word 2000 the formatting is retained but in Word
2002 it is not.

Pookas

This results from Word's using the OLEDB method to connect with Excel
instead of DDE. See
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...002/MM2002.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm for two workarounds (using
DDE or formatting the merge fields).