Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sretep sretep is offline

Default Why Word 2007 mail merge does not retain number format from Excel

I have used WORD 2000 and EXCEL 2000 to produce invoices sucessfully for many
years. I have updated to Office Enterprise 2007 and when I try to do the same
opperation, the numbers as formatted in Excel do not merge in the same format
in the WORD merge document( example 5,350.65 appears as 5350.65000000000099
or 25.00 apears as 25) I have tried all formats in the EXCEL and tried
editing the merge fields but to no avail. Can anyone help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a formattimg switch on the mergefield eg
{Mergefield Fieldname \# ",0.00"}
See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm