Thang

Default Mail Merge date format problem with Word 2003

Hello,

I had a date formatting problem when using mail merge in
Word 2003.
My data source is an Excel worksheet, when I inser merge
field in my letter, if the data is a date/time I get the
mm/dd/yyyy format instead of dd mmm yy format as in the
Excel worksheet.
Some time, I get also a serial date number as 38494 in my
letter instead of 22 May 05.

I've never got this problem using Word 97!

Many thanks for your help.

Thang
Graham Mayor

You can apply the correct formatting with a switch - see
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm or you can use a different
method of connecting to your data - see the Excel data section of