Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dodane Dodane is offline

Default Table Border longer than normal

I have a table with different types of cells: some of them are merged, some
are regular cells, shaded in different colors. Most of them do not have
borders. The bottom line of the border, however, is a 2 1/4 thick line.

Strange thing: outside the cells that are at the extremities (left and
right), small squares in the color of the cell appear, like small extensions
of the gridlines, but positioned a bit higher than the gridlines. And for the
bottom line, the line continues outside the table, on the right side, for
about one millimeter (so it is outside the table border). This line extension
shows up on the printed page, too.

What are those small lines, and how can I make the borders define the table
and not extend beyond tables territory ?

I made the text consistent, 0 space before and after, same cell margin for
the cells, nothing works. My concern is that the text in the table is Body
Text, and when I click outside the table on the right side, the cell
formatting is Normal, which I cannot change.

Many thanks for any idea.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

About this part of your description:
And for the bottom line, the line continues outside the table, on the right
side, for about one millimeter (so it is outside the table border). This line
extension
shows up on the printed page, too

Could it be that you have applied a white border to the righmost edge of the
rightmost column? This could result in the problem you describe.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem with the small colored squares.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg