Justin

Default edit a repeat word

I am setting up a Word template for a reusable document, not configured to a
data source and so manual edits would be required and most of these are
repetative.
Having many repeat words (ie: company name) that would require changing is
there a way in Word 2003 in which I can define a selected text and edit it
and it changes every instance throughout the document. Similar to a find and
replace but as a field or similar as the remainder of the document will be
uneditable.
Justin
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Bookmark the original instance of the word (select it, and choose Insert -
Bookmark). Then use ref fields to insert additional occurrences (Insert -
Reference - Cross Reference, set Reference type to Bookmark, and choose the
desired bookmark).

Any time you change the original instance, select the document (Ctrl+A) and
update all of the fields (Ctrl+F9) to have the ref fields reflect the
change.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Justin" wrote in message
news
I am setting up a Word template for a reusable document, not configured to
data source and so manual edits would be required and most of these are
repetative.
Having many repeat words (ie: company name) that would require changing is
there a way in Word 2003 in which I can define a selected text and edit it
and it changes every instance throughout the document. Similar to a find
and
replace but as a field or similar as the remainder of the document will be
uneditable.
Justin

Anne Troy

Hi, Justin. Try this:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

news

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 08:19 PM