Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anita Anita is offline

Default Problem with using Excel data in a Word mail merge

Im trying to create labels using Excel data in a Word mail merge, however
once I've completed the mail merge in Word some of the information in the
addresses are reversed (i.e, name, company and then company, name) and in
some cases the whole address is completely reversed (i.e., starting with the
country, then the address). Wierd thing is I used the Excel list last year
for the mail merge with no problems. Both programs are 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure the merge fields are in the correct order in your mail merge
main document? Also, be wary of using the seemingly convenient "Address
Block." Instead, insert the specific fields manually.

"Anita" wrote in message
Im trying to create labels using Excel data in a Word mail merge, however
once I've completed the mail merge in Word some of the information in the
addresses are reversed (i.e, name, company and then company, name) and in
some cases the whole address is completely reversed (i.e., starting with

the
country, then the address). Wierd thing is I used the Excel list last

year
for the mail merge with no problems. Both programs are 2003.

Word 2003 Mail Merge Problem when E-Mailing Data Source Karen Townsend Mailmerge 3 June 20th 06 08:21 AM
Link Excel to Word Mail Merge - found problem for mix data type Param Mailmerge 1 March 31st 06 12:29 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
insert Excel data into Word Mail Merge document RRemy Mailmerge 2 June 25th 05 04:52 PM