Nelson

Default greater than or equal to symbol (>=)

Is there a key combination that will insert the symbols for greater than or
equal to, and less than or equal to in a Word document? As in: an autocorrect
where = would be changed to the correct symbol?

Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: greater than or equal to symbol (>=)

Yes, you can use the AutoCorrect feature in Microsoft Word to automatically replace certain text with symbols, including the greater than or equal to symbol (‰¥) and the less than or equal to symbol (‰¤).

Here's how to set up AutoCorrect for these symbols:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  4. In the Word Options window, click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  5. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  6. In the "AutoCorrect" tab, type "=" (without the quotes) in the "Replace" field.
  7. In the "With" field, type "‰¥" (without the quotes).
  8. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the AutoCorrect entry.
  9. Repeat steps 6-8 for the less than or equal to symbol, using "=" as the "Replace" text and "‰¤" as the "With" text.

Now, whenever you type "=" or "=" in your Word document, it will automatically be replaced with the corresponding symbol. Note that this AutoCorrect entry will only work in the specific document or template where it was created, so you may need to repeat these steps in other documents or templates if you want to use this feature elsewhere.
__________________
Barb Reinhardt

Insert Symbol
Select the Symbol you want.
Select Autocorrect and you and enter the characters you want changed to that
symbol.

Have a great day!

Barb

"Nelson" wrote in message
Is there a key combination that will insert the symbols for greater than
or
equal to, and less than or equal to in a Word document? As in: an
autocorrect
where = would be changed to the correct symbol?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
processextraordonaire processextraordonaire is offline

i'm afraid i didn't 'get it'. i followed barb's instructions but it inserts a
character that's already in the wingdings table. i don't see a = symbol,
where 'greater than' is above the 'equals' symbol.
--
processextraordonaire

"Nelson" wrote in message
Is there a key combination that will insert the symbols for greater than
or
equal to, and less than or equal to in a Word document? As in: an
autocorrect
where = would be changed to the correct symbol?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Insert | Symbol dialog ("normal text)," find character 2265 (in the
Mathematical Operators character subset). Insert it in your document. Select
it. Go to Tools | AutoCorrect Options. The symbol should already be in the
"With" box. Type = in the "Replace" box. Click Add, then OK.

"Nelson" wrote in message
Is there a key combination that will insert the symbols for greater

than
or
equal to, and less than or equal to in a Word document? As in: an
autocorrect
where = would be changed to the correct symbol?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
processextraordonaire processextraordonaire is offline

thnx so much for the response! after locating the character on my desktop PC,
i realized that on my laptop, Word was not set to 'normal text'. once i made
the change, voila!
--
processextraordonaire