Jerry Crosby

Default Can't change font size/type on merged fields

I've worked with MailMerge for years, but just encountered a problem I can't
solve. Hoping someone else has been down the road before me.

Using Office 2003. Doing a mailmerge to an Access table. The base document
is all set to Times New Roman, 12pt., including the fields I've inserted.
However, when I do the merge, the merge fields refert to Courier, 10pt.
I've looked for hidden codes, but don't see any. I changedthe whole Access
table to 12pt. Times New Roman, but it didn't make a difference. I
converted the Access table to an Excel spreadsheet and linked to that, but
it didn't change anything. I'm still having Courier fields within the Times
New Roman text.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Peter Jamieson

Try changing all the \*Mergeformat switches in the merge fields to
\*charformat and ensure that the the first character of the field (e.g. for
a { MERGEFIELD } field, it's the "M" is formatted the way you want. (You
should not really need to do this but it may be the fastest way to achieve
what you want).

Peter Jamieson