Freddy

Default Save file as .doc having all data in ascii character set

I wanted to save the word document as a .doc file and I want all the
characters in the document to be in ascii character set and not unicode for
example single quote and double quote.
users copy and paste data from word 2003 to infoPath and a process picks up
infopath xml file data and stores in Oracle Database which has ascii
character set.
All word 2003 fonts follow unicode character set

Suggestion to Micorsoft: They should have a ascii character set font.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
--
Frederick Benjamin
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RnJlZGR5?=,

I wanted to save the word document as a .doc file and I want all the
characters in the document to be in ascii character set and not unicode for
example single quote and double quote.
users copy and paste data from word 2003 to infoPath and a process picks up
infopath xml file data and stores in Oracle Database which has ascii
character set.
All word 2003 fonts follow unicode character set

The only possibility that occurs to me would be to have the users copy/paste
over a text editor that does NOT support Unicode. Or to copy/paste into
another Word document, save that explicitly as DOS text, and process that
file, directly.

Or, find and install a copy of Word 6.0. That was the last non-Unicode
version.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org