Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike B

Default format a border to exclude the numbering

Hi
I have a heading style formatted to include outline numbering and a
paragraph border below (like an underline). The border begins underneath the
numbering, but I would like it to begin where the heading text begins
instead. Is there anyway to achieve this without resorting to a font
formatting underline?
Thanks
--
MB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Have you tried putting the paragraph number in the left margin? Here's
how to do it: In the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog box, set
the "Number position" to "Right", and specify zero for "Aligned at"
and for the "Text position" options. (Be sure to make the changes via
the Modify Style dialog box.) This should work, since paragraph
borders are limited by the page margin.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike B" wrote:

Hi
I have a heading style formatted to include outline numbering and

paragraph border below (like an underline). The border begins

underneath the
numbering, but I would like it to begin where the heading text

begins
instead. Is there anyway to achieve this without resorting to a

font
formatting underline?
Thanks
--
MB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Note that paragraph/outline numbers in the left margin may seem to
disappear when adding the bottom border, but they seem to print all
right, even if they aren't visible in the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike B" wrote:

Hi
I have a heading style formatted to include outline numbering

and
paragraph border below (like an underline). The border begins

underneath the
numbering, but I would like it to begin where the heading text

begins
instead. Is there anyway to achieve this without resorting to a

font
formatting underline?
Thanks
--
MB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJ

This would be fine if only single level numbering, but I need to do outline
numbering, and the last line of the heading text must be underlined. I
wanted to
create a style that would produce thus:

1. The Defendant In This Case Is Entirely Incorrect In Its Determination
That It Could Ignore Its Responsibility To Its Clients
[underline to end of
paragraph......................................... ..........................]

"Mike B" wrote:

Hi
I have a heading style formatted to include outline numbering

and
paragraph border below (like an underline). The border begins

underneath the
numbering, but I would like it to begin where the heading text

begins
instead. Is there anyway to achieve this without resorting to a

font
formatting underline?
Thanks
--
MB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Nothing prevents you from doing this kind of formatting for each level
in an outline. But of course, if an even left margin is important,
then the suggested fix won't work -- unless of course each heading
number has the same width (unlikely with varying fonts, etc.), in
which case all you'd have to is add a negative left indent to all
unnumbered paragraphs (and adjust the left margin).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CJ" wrote in message
news
This would be fine if only single level numbering, but I need to do
outline
numbering, and the last line of the heading text must be underlined.

wanted to
create a style that would produce thus:

1. The Defendant In This Case Is Entirely Incorrect In Its

Determination
That It Could Ignore Its Responsibility To Its Clients
[underline to end of

.......]