Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DMF2006 DMF2006 is offline

Default default email signature doesn't show when send as attachment from

When I am in a Word 2003 doc and choose the "Send to mail recipient as
attachment" option on the File menu, the email generated does not
automatically insert my default signature. I am not using Word as my email
editor but message format is HTML. Have tried it with Word as editor and it
makes no difference. Any suggestions?! I know I can add my signature once
the email is created but would like it to appear as a default, as it does
within Outlook 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

In Word or a WordMail message, choose Tools|Options.
Switch to the General tab, and Click E-mail Options.
Create one or more signatures.
Select the signature you want to be inserted automatically.
Click OK until you return to your document or message.

If you have chosen to insert the signature automatically, but want to use a
different signature for the current message, right-click the signature. From
the pop-up menu, select either the name of the signature you want to use or
E-mail Signature to create a new one.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"DMF2006" wrote:

When I am in a Word 2003 doc and choose the "Send to mail recipient as
attachment" option on the File menu, the email generated does not
automatically insert my default signature. I am not using Word as my email
editor but message format is HTML. Have tried it with Word as editor and it
makes no difference. Any suggestions?! I know I can add my signature once
the email is created but would like it to appear as a default, as it does
within Outlook 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

To add a signature when sending Word documents using the Email command in
Word (File|Send to Mail recipient), create an AutoText entry for each
signature. You can then insert the signature of your choice with with
Insert|AutoText command.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"DMF2006" wrote:

When I am in a Word 2003 doc and choose the "Send to mail recipient as
attachment" option on the File menu, the email generated does not
automatically insert my default signature. I am not using Word as my email
editor but message format is HTML. Have tried it with Word as editor and it
makes no difference. Any suggestions?! I know I can add my signature once
the email is created but would like it to appear as a default, as it does
within Outlook 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DMF2006 DMF2006 is offline

Default default email signature doesn't show when send as attachment f

Hi Carol - thanks for this but I have tried it repeatedly and Word does not
save the setting, even though my signature already exists in the Email
Options signature list and I select it. I can already manually add my
signature into the body of the email, it just doesn't appear automatically.