Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miriam Miriam is offline

Default email a word doc with header and footer

I've got a word document that has the company logo in the header and contact
information in the footer. Both use graphics.

After I create a doc and save it, I need to email it and have it show in the
body of the email, complete with the header and footer.

I have Outlook 2003 set for html email.

When I send the document, all that is received is the text in the body of
the document, the header and footer do not appear.

How do I get the header and footer to appear in the body of the email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chocoholic Chocoholic is offline

When you are sending the document, are you clicking the Mail button in Word
and sending it from there, or are you opening Outlook and creating a new
message, and then attaching the document?

"Miriam" wrote:

I've got a word document that has the company logo in the header and contact
information in the footer. Both use graphics.

After I create a doc and save it, I need to email it and have it show in the
body of the email, complete with the header and footer.

I have Outlook 2003 set for html email.

When I send the document, all that is received is the text in the body of
the document, the header and footer do not appear.

How do I get the header and footer to appear in the body of the email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to send it as an attachment if you want the header and footer to
come across.

HTML email is rather similar to the web. There are no headers and footers in
the web, because there are no page breaks within a single file in the web
(or HTML email).

Try View | Online Layout. That should show you basically what your HTML
email will look like.

So if you want headers/footers in your HTML email, you'll need to copy and
paste them into the document body itself.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/