Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TufftyBob TufftyBob is offline

Default microsoft reader (for 'ebooks') + office 2003 + windows vista home

Hello,

I hope someone out there (perhaps an MVP?) can tell me whether or not the
two files required for 'microsoft reader' (a reader for 'eBooks') that work
in Word 2000, 2002 and 2003 on a Win' XP Home Ed sp2 laptop, will or should
also work in Word 2003, when Office/Word 2003 is installed on a Windows Vista
Home Premium pc.

So far the 'eReader' app' appears to work OK in word/office 2003 on my XP
laptop even though office/word 2003 is not listed in the pre-installation
'requirements' details on the download pages. Also several other types of
files that were orginally created on my XP laptop - in office/word
2000/2002/2003 - as well as using WMP 9.0,10, or 11, and other apps installed
on my XP laptop, like 'adobe reader 5,6,or 7' appear to be accessible using
my Vista pc - mp3's, aac's, mpeg2/4 video, jpegs, bitmaps, word doc's, .pst's
etc.

I need to know whether my ebooks should be accessible from within Vista
using the eReader BEFORE I try to install it, as I don't want to cause all
those 100's of eBook files to be corrupted by an app' that is incompatible
with Vista. All these ebook files - as well as all the other file types
created in Win XP, and accessible in Vista - reside on a FAT32 external usb2
hard drive.

Thanks for any info

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TufftyBob TufftyBob is offline

update to previous question:

Microsoft Reader (for eBooks) DOES now apparently work on my Vista pc (so
far anyway).

When I downloaded and installed it from the office download website I
downloaded it to the desktop first so that I could run it as an Administrator
and in 'compatibility mode'. This is done when right clicking on the desktop
icon, then clicking on 'properties' and selecting the 'compatibilty' tab then
selecting run as administrator and selecting the choice to run the
application in 'compatibilty mode' (for win xp sp2).

I have also done the same thing for other applications, like Ad-Aware
2007(free) and Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite 2006 DVD (an unbeleivable
£3.99 in Morrisons supermarket last week, which was a darn sight cheaper than
the £65.00 that I paid for the '2004' version three years ago from PC World!)
that were originally sold before Vista was launched.