Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DSUK

Default Printing Mail merge

Hi, I am trying to print a mail merge that contains an include graphic field
with an embedded mail merge code in, ths problem I am having is that the
print option to update fields is grayed out from the merge to printer button.

Does anyone have any idea how I could get the update fields option to become
available, it is only disabled for merge to printer, if I print a document
the option is available, I assume there is something set in the registry
somewhere but I don't know where to look.

Thanks
David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Execute the merge to a new document, press Ctrl+A to select everything and
then Press F9 to update the fields and then Print the document.

I am not sure however that the update fields option is not set on by default
when you merge to the printer and the reason that it appears to be disabled
when you select Options in the Print dialog is because it should not be
disabled in that situation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.