Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJo_703 JJo_703 is offline

Default Preserving the layout of a document

I am trying to upload my resume to a website and want to make sure that the
format stays the same and that it can't be altered. It is not letting me
save the document as a PDF though. How else can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

JJo_703 wrote:
I am trying to upload my resume to a website and want to make sure
that the format stays the same and that it can't be altered. It is
not letting me save the document as a PDF though. How else can I do
this?

There really isn't another way (other than the less-than-satisfactory method
of posting a screen shot of the Word document). You should be able to make a
PDF.

What version of Word do you have, and what are you using to make the PDF?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJo_703[_2_] JJo_703[_2_] is offline

I'm not currently using anything. I tried to "save as" as a PDF, but that
option doesn't show up. Then I went to office online and tried to download
the add-in for it, but it still doesn't show up under my "save as" options.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

JJo_703 wrote:
I am trying to upload my resume to a website and want to make sure
that the format stays the same and that it can't be altered. It is
not letting me save the document as a PDF though. How else can I do
this?

There really isn't another way (other than the less-than-satisfactory method
of posting a screen shot of the Word document). You should be able to make a
PDF.

What version of Word do you have, and what are you using to make the PDF?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You still didn't say what version of Word you're using, and it makes a
difference.

If it's Word 2007, then the "PDF or XPS" choice should show in the
Save As menu if you installed the add-in properly. After you download
the FileFormatConverters.exe file, you have to run it to install the
feature.

If it's Word 2003 or earlier, the add-in doesn't work with those
versions. Instead, get one of the free PDF programs such as PrimoPDF
or CutePDF -- look them up on Google.