Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mela mela is offline

Default Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)

Hello-

I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using
Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down
boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that
when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading
remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't
think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to
disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding button
on the Forms toolbar.

http://word.mvps.org

"mela" wrote in message
Hello-

I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using
Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop
down
boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is
that
when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading
remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't
think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to
disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:31:01 -0800, mela
wrote:

Hello-

I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using
Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down
boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that
when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading
remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't
think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to
disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks.

If your form uses macros already (which I surmise from your other
question that I just answered), add this procedu

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.View.FieldShading = wdFieldShadingNever
End Sub

If there are no macros and you don't want to use this one, then each
user will have to go into Tools Options View (or in Word 2007,
Office button Word Options Advanced) and set the Field Shading
dropdown to Never.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman