Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rock-a-fellas Rock-a-fellas is offline

Default Adding background color edge to edge in my brochure

I am creating a brochure and I cannot seem to get the background color to
extend all the way to the end of the page. i have a white border all around
the document.

HELP!

Many, many thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This represents the unprintable area specified by your printer driver.
Unless your printer can print to the edge, you won't be able to have a "full
bleed" background color.

"Rock-a-fellas" wrote in message
I am creating a brochure and I cannot seem to get the background color to
extend all the way to the end of the page. i have a white border all

around
the document.

HELP!

Many, many thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rock-a-fellas Rock-a-fellas is offline

But on the left side of my paper the background is almost to the edge but the
right side has a 1/2 inch gap. do you have any idea why? i was playing
around with the background feature and somehow the left side works but the
right doesn't.

thanks for your reply.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This represents the unprintable area specified by your printer driver.
Unless your printer can print to the edge, you won't be able to have a "full
bleed" background color.

"Rock-a-fellas" wrote in message
I am creating a brochure and I cannot seem to get the background color to
extend all the way to the end of the page. i have a white border all

around
the document.

HELP!

Many, many thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is this a landscape page? Most inkjet printers have a larger unprintable
area on the trailing edge. If you want to see what your minimum margins are,
set all margins to 0" in Page Setup. When you OK to close, Word will tell
you your margins are outside the printable area and offer to fix them.
Accept the offer and note the margins Word sets; these will be based on
information from the currently active printer driver.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This represents the unprintable area specified by your printer driver.
Unless your printer can print to the edge, you won't be able to have a

"full
bleed" background color.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.