Ian Turk

Default Printing Envelopes

Can someone please help

I using microsoft word 2002.

When I use ToolsLetters & Mailings Envelopes and Labels, I want to direct
the output to a specific printer. That menu option always sends to the last
printer used.

Thanks

Ian

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Have you tried setting that printer as the default before you start the
envelope?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ian Turk" wrote in message
Can someone please help

I using microsoft word 2002.

When I use ToolsLetters & Mailings Envelopes and Labels, I want to
direct
the output to a specific printer. That menu option always sends to the
last
printer used.

Thanks

Ian

Ian Turk

Thanks JoAnn,

That isnt the answer though - the output still goes to the printer that was
last used.

I am trying to set up so that an old printer can be stacked up with
envelopes, and that I can easily direct envelope addresses to that printer.
So far no luck!

Cheers

Ian

"Ian Turk" wrote in message
Can someone please help

I using microsoft word 2002.

When I use ToolsLetters & Mailings Envelopes and Labels, I want to
direct
the output to a specific printer. That menu option always sends to the
last
printer used.

Thanks

Ian

That isnt the answer though - the output still goes to the printer that
was
last used.

I don't think so. Word always uses the currently active printer. If you open
the Print dialog, change the printer selection, and click Close, your
envelopes should be printed to the selected printer.

"Ian Turk" wrote in message
Can someone please help

I using microsoft word 2002.

When I use ToolsLetters & Mailings Envelopes and Labels, I want to
direct
the output to a specific printer. That menu option always sends to the
last
printer used.

Thanks

Ian

Graham Mayor

If you use an envelope template (there are samples for download from my web
site) you can use the method shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm to print to the current document
(the envelope) to the specific printer.
If you use the label wizard you must set the active printer (as suggested by
JoAnn) in the print dialog before you print. You can do this with a macro,
but it is all too easy to forget which printer is active - whereas the
suggested method always returns focus to the default printer.

"Ian Turk" wrote in message
Can someone please help

I using microsoft word 2002.

When I use ToolsLetters & Mailings Envelopes and Labels, I want
to direct
the output to a specific printer. That menu option always sends to
the last
printer used.

Thanks

Ian

Ian Turk

Thanks Suzanne and Graham.

They both look like useful answers. I am particuly keen to use your macros
Graham.

However as it is now 2.30a,m here in New Zealand, I think this can now wait
for the weekend before I play around with this any more.

Cheers

Ian