Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jey Jey is offline

Default How can I block certain section of a word document from getting pr

Hi ,

I have a word document in which there are many sections( have placed cont.
section break between all sections ). For eg

Section1
Sample for first section

Section2
Sample for second section

Section3
Sample for third section

Section4
Sample for fourth section

I provide this document to various users. The follwoing are my requirements

1.I should be able to protect my sections with different password and not
with a single password

2.When user click on print , only section1 and 3 should be printed. the rest
should not be printed.

Please let me know how I can complete this.
--
Thanks and Regards,
Jey
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer is that you can't. It is not possible to put separate
passwords on different sections and any user who is allowed to see the form
can do what they wish with it, including saving a version without the
password.

You could create a macro that prints only sections 1 and 3 easily enough,
but it won't stop anyone obtaining a printout of sections 2 and 4.