Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] William.Gunn@gmail.com is offline

Default What is the best way to set up this kind of formatting?

I have read Mrs. Kelly's extensive and helpful documentation on using
styles, and I now have my bullets and headings set up as she
recommends, cascading and working as they should. What I'd like to do
is set up the following formatting, and I can do it with no problem
thanks to her advice, but I'm not sure which is the best way to proceed
so that everyone I'll be sending this to will see the same formatting.

Here's the question: I need 4 levels of headings. Heading 1 is one
word, bold. Heading 2 is one sentence, bold. Heading 3 is a
paragraph, of which only the first sentence is bold and the rest is
styled like body text. Should I direct format the first sentence of
Heading 3, or is there a way to set up the paragraph style for heading
three such that all paragraphs of heading 3 style will have the first
sentence bold and the rest styled like body text?

Here's an example of the structure I'm going for, in case it isn't
clear above. (side question:does google groups allow any kind of
mark-up?)

bA - Top-level section Heading/b
bA.1./b bSecond level section heading/b
bA.1.1/b bFirst sentence of this section./b The rest of the
text in this paragraph, styled as body text, would go here. I've got a
couple sentences here. After that, I have another paragraph, formatted
just like this one.
bA.1.2./bbThe First sentence of this section/b The rest of the
text, body text style.The rest of the text in this paragraph, styled as
body text, would go here. I've got a couple sentences here. After
that, I have another paragraph, formatted just like this one.
bA.1.3./bbbThe First sentence of this section/b The rest of
the text, body text style.The rest of the text in this paragraph,
styled as body text, would go here. I've got a couple sentences here.
After that, I have another paragraph, formatted just like this one.
bB - Top level section heading/b
bB.1./b bSecond level section heading/b
bB.1.1/b bFirst sentence of this section./b The rest of the
text in this paragraph, styled as body text, would go here. I've got a
couple sentences here. After that, I have another paragraph, formatted
just like this one.
bB.1.2./bbThe First sentence of this section/b The rest of the
text, body text style.The rest of the text in this paragraph, styled as
body text, would go here. I've got a couple sentences here. After
that, I have another paragraph, formatted just like this one.
bB.1.3./bbbThe First sentence of this section/b The rest of