Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

Default Convert .docx to .doc

How do I convert a .docx document to .doc I have Word 2002?
--
Robin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

Assuming you have the file converters install so that you can open the
..DOCX document in Word 2002 in the first place...open the document in
Word 2002, then do a File | Save As and save it as a Word 97-2003 format
document.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Robin" wrote in message
:

How do I convert a .docx document to .doc I have Word 2002?
--
Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Download the compatibility pack
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx

Robin wrote:
How do I convert a .docx document to .doc I have Word 2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

I have done that several times, but it still doesn't work. I have tried to
redownload sevvice packs 1 thru 3, compatibility pack, and have run all
updates. I have XP home with word 2002 in the office suites program. Should I
just go out and buy the upgrade for word 2007?
--
Robin

Robin wrote:
How do I convert a .docx document to .doc I have Word 2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What do you mean by 'it doesn't work'?
Is http://www.gmayor.com/Problems_opening_2007_docs.htm your problem?

"Robin" wrote in message
:

How do I convert a .docx document to .doc I have Word 2002?
--
Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Robin,

Are you trying to open a .docX file in Word 2002 throug File=Open or do you already have it open and are then trying to use
File=Save As to choose the Word Document format?

If opening the file, save it to your hard drive before opening if, for example, it's an email attachment.

In Word's Tools=Options=General turn on the
[x] Confirm Conversions at open
then use File=Open to see what result you get on the .docX file.

===============
,"Robin" wrote in message ...
I have done that several times, but it still doesn't work. I have tried to
redownload sevvice packs 1 thru 3, compatibility pack, and have run all
updates. I have XP home with word 2002 in the office suites program. Should I
just go out and buy the upgrade for word 2007?
--
Robin
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

I have saved it in my documents. when I try to open it I get a message asking
if I want to download a conversion to work with it. When I say yes, nothing
happens. When I say cancel, nothing happens. I can't open it at all. Even the
option in tools doesn't show up.
--
Robin

,"Robin" wrote in message ...
I have done that several times, but it still doesn't work. I have tried to
redownload sevvice packs 1 thru 3, compatibility pack, and have run all
updates. I have XP home with word 2002 in the office suites program. Should I
just go out and buy the upgrade for word 2007?
--
Robin
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Dis you see my post referring you to
http://www.gmayor.com/Problems_opening_2007_docs.htm ?
You need a document open (any document) to set the tools option.

,"Robin" wrote in message
... I have
done that several times, but it still doesn't work. I have tried to
redownload sevvice packs 1 thru 3, compatibility pack, and have run
all
updates. I have XP home with word 2002 in the office suites program.
Should I
just go out and buy the upgrade for word 2007?
--
Robin
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

I tried to open a document and the option to convert on open is checked. When
I went back to the document and tried to open it, it asks if I want to
download a conversion pack and I select yes. Nothing happens after that. When
I followed your link to the download center and I tried to down load it says
I have another version of word. I checked on my system for the correct
version and it says I have Word 2002 with windows XP home. I did not see a
download for that version. I tried Word 2003 and Windows XP conversion packs,
neither one would down load. It says I have an unexpected version of Word.
Now what?
--
Robin

,"Robin" wrote in message
... I have
done that several times, but it still doesn't work. I have tried to
redownload sevvice packs 1 thru 3, compatibility pack, and have run
all
updates. I have XP home with word 2002 in the office suites program.
Should I
just go out and buy the upgrade for word 2007?
--
Robin
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The link
indicates that the compatibility pack if for Word 2000 and later. It also
says

"please install all High-Priority updates from Microsoft Update before
downloading the Compatibility Pack."