LJ

Default how can you send a email merge to over 200 with an attachment

I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200 people which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is picked up
and attached in the merge.
Doug Robbins

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"LJ" wrote in message
I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200 people
which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is picked
up
and attached in the merge.

Doug Robbins

Provided that the Excel spreadsheet contains the necessary information,
there is no reason that it cannot be used as the datasource for the two
mailmerges that are required.

--

"LJ" wrote in message
I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200 people
which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is
picked
up
and attached in the merge.

LJ

ok Doug I think I've got as far as running the macro and this is where I'm
stuck I think! How much would you charge to run me through this operation
step by step please.
thanks,

"LJ" wrote in message
I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200 people
which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is
picked
up
and attached in the merge.

LJ

Well I've done the preparation part of your document:
i.e thevisual basic editor selecting references from the tool menu etc
I've downloaded the express click yes
then at the setup stage:
I've started to create a separate directory type mail merge main document
Now here I'm presuming in my excel spreadsheet I need to add a column which
list the file path and name - and then add this in the directory as a merge
field?
So I've got a document with a merge field called email and another called
attachment although it isn't in a table like you describe so I'm not too
sure that I have that right!

I've saved that file and closed it
and then the next section is where I get lost you state execute a new
document to mailmerge that you want to send by email wiht hete attachments -
well I've written the word doc select my list of receipients but regarding
the macro I haven't got a clue!

could let me know how much it would cost for you to run this through with me
thanks

"LJ" wrote in message
I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200
people
which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is
picked
up
and attached in the merge.

Doug Robbins

In the directory or catalog type mailmerge main document, you DO need to set
up the mergefields (the field for the email address and that containing the
path and filename of the attachment in the cells of a table as described in
the article. The macro will NOT work if you do not do it that way.

Then, with the formletter type mailmerge document, you MUST execute that
merge to a new document. When you do that, the new document will become the
active document (the one on the screen) and while it is the active document,
you then run the macro.

--

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"LJ" wrote in message
I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200
people
which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is
picked
up
and attached in the merge.

LJ

Ok I think I've done everything! but when I run the Macro it comes up with
the error message Compile error. user-defined type not defined and
highighlights the line
Dim oOutlookApp A Outlook.Application
I thought it might have refered to the prepartion part where you state
"check the items microsoft office Outlook 11.0 object library" but I have
done this and checked it was ticked!

Help! Part of me what's to give up as 'above my head' and the other part
wants to crack this!!!

"LJ" wrote in message
I want to send an email merge from word via outlook to over 200
people
which
has an attachment. How can this be done so that the attachment is
picked
up
and attached in the merge.

LJ

Ok I've got the macro to run I've set it up to do a merge to 8 email
addresses but when I run the macro it attempts to merge to over 250 which is
at that point where I've stopped it by closing word!
help what have I done wrong.