Richard Dietzel

Default Unwanted corner markings

In my word document are a lot of short perpendicular line segments that come
in pairs to form corners. These two segments in each pair do not intersect,
but leave a gap where the corner would be.

At the bottom of the pages that have these markings are two such pairs, one
pair on the left and another pair opposite on the right. These corners face
inwards. At the top of the same page, are two separate short line segments
parallel to one another and to the sides of the page, and lined up with the
vertical corner segments of the 2 corner pairs at the bottom of the page..

All pages do not have these marks.

These markings seem to indicate the borders where text should remain
between. I've seen these kinds of border markings before. We were told to
add these marks to our docuemnt - a requirement made by the printing compnay
that was going to create handbooks for us based on our submitted Word
document,

I can't get rid of these marks. I do not want them in the document I have.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance.
--
Dr. Richard Dietzel
Ft. Benning, GA
Jay Freedman

Hi Richard,

You need to disable Asian language support. See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...259b00d6?hl=en
for instructions.

--
Regards,