Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KSand0906 KSand0906 is offline

Default Microsoft Office Document Imaging

I have been trying to scan documents from my printer/scanner into Microsoft
Word in order to do some editing, but cannot seem to do it. My
printer/scanner is HP Photosmart C4180 and my version of Office is Office
Home and Student 2007. My computer is new (purchased in July) and is
operates on Windows Vista. I already took the advise of someone on here and
added Microsoft Office Document Imaging as instructed in a post here, but
still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank You!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Can you scan anything with your new computer? Have you downloaded new
drivers for your scanner?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"KSand0906" wrote in message
I have been trying to scan documents from my printer/scanner into Microsoft
Word in order to do some editing, but cannot seem to do it. My
printer/scanner is HP Photosmart C4180 and my version of Office is Office
Home and Student 2007. My computer is new (purchased in July) and is
operates on Windows Vista. I already took the advise of someone on here
and
added Microsoft Office Document Imaging as instructed in a post here, but
still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Summer Summer is offline

Visit this link
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...-in-word-2007/
and seek if it helps

"KSand0906" wrote in message
I have been trying to scan documents from my printer/scanner into Microsoft
Word in order to do some editing, but cannot seem to do it. My
printer/scanner is HP Photosmart C4180 and my version of Office is Office
Home and Student 2007. My computer is new (purchased in July) and is
operates on Windows Vista. I already took the advise of someone on here
and
added Microsoft Office Document Imaging as instructed in a post here, but
still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KSand0906 KSand0906 is offline

Thanks for the response. when I tried to scan a page, it scanned onto my
computer, but as a jpeg that I could not edit.

"KSand0906" wrote in message
I have been trying to scan documents from my printer/scanner into Microsoft
Word in order to do some editing, but cannot seem to do it. My
printer/scanner is HP Photosmart C4180 and my version of Office is Office
Home and Student 2007. My computer is new (purchased in July) and is
operates on Windows Vista. I already took the advise of someone on here
and
added Microsoft Office Document Imaging as instructed in a post here, but
still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dav Dav is offline

Hi there

You may also check your printer setting. Check if you can choose the format
of your scanned document. You must check for .TIF format. Once you have it,
you can open it in MS Office Document Imaging. In this programme you'll find
a button on the toolbar wich says "Send Text to Word". The result in Word
will be just text (as it is says so!) and it migt be a little bit different
from the original depending on what it recognise.

Good luck

Greetings from France

Dav

"KSand0906" a écrit dans le message de
I have been trying to scan documents from my printer/scanner into Microsoft
Word in order to do some editing, but cannot seem to do it. My
printer/scanner is HP Photosmart C4180 and my version of Office is Office
Home and Student 2007. My computer is new (purchased in July) and is
operates on Windows Vista. I already took the advise of someone on here
and
added Microsoft Office Document Imaging as instructed in a post here, but
still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dav Dav is offline

Hi again

An other tip
With Ms Office Document Imaging open, check the button with image of a
scanner (or in file menu -- Scan new document). Click on it and follow the
instruction. Then click the button "Scanner" and see if your printer/scanner
is listed there. Lucky you if it is! Then choose it and push the big "Scan"
button.

Tell us if it works.
Take a lot that the result might be really different from the original. A
"i" can be recognise as a "l" and so on.

Hope it helps.