Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Said D Said D is offline

Default How do I get word 2007 to start numbering pages starting 3rd page

I write reports via word 2007. Each report has a cover page and table of
contents; therefore, I need the page count to start from the 3rd page --I do
not want the cover page nor the table of contents to include page numbers,
The best I have done so far is getting the page count to start from the table
of contents. What shall I do???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You should insert a next page section break after the table of contents and
then set up the header or footer (depending upon where you want the page
numbers) in the new section so that it is not linked to the header/footer in
the previous section and so that it contains the { PAGE } field in the
location where you want it.

If you want the page number in the text section of the report to start at
one, from the Page Number pulldown in the Header and Footer section of the
Header and Footer Tools Design tab, select Format Page Numbers and set the
Page numbering to start at 1 rather than continue from the previous section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Said D" Said wrote in message
I write reports via word 2007. Each report has a cover page and table of
contents; therefore, I need the page count to start from the 3rd page --I
do
not want the cover page nor the table of contents to include page numbers,
The best I have done so far is getting the page count to start from the
table
of contents. What shall I do???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard Kinch Richard Kinch is offline

Default How do I get word 2007 to start numbering pages starting 3rd p

I tried this in Word 2008, and it is the same procedure except that you
should choose Insert -- Break -- "Section Break (Next Page)" and then you
can choose a new set of page numbers for the following section.