Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tori Tori is offline

Default Spell check won't let me check spelling or grammer when I uncheck

My spell check isn't working, even if I intentionally make an error (ex.
ldjflkdjfdlkf) it won't work. I tried the Tools: Language: Set Language
thing, and I unchecked the box that says 'don't check spelling or grammer'
and while it worked for about 1-2 words that I intentionally mispelled, when
I start typing more mispelled words it does nothing! And then, I will do the
same tools: language thing and I have to uncheck the stupid box again! How
do I make this work? Why all of the sudden is microsoft word 2003 acting
like this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Go to Tools, Options, Spelling and Grammar, check the boxes for "Check
spelling as you type" and "Check grammar as you type". This will activate any
further spelling and grammar errors you get.

When using the "Do not check spelling or grammar" it is best to select the
whole document (Ctrl+A) then do the unchecking. Maybe then go to Tools,
Options, Spelling and Grammar, Recheck Document button.

If you have set up your Styles, check that these don't have "Do not check
spelling or grammar" checked, this will stop all spell checking as soon as
you use the style.

Hope this helps.
DeanH