Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allen Moore Allen Moore is offline

Default Ignoring Spelling of Words with Underscores

Is there a way to get the spellchecker in Word to automatically ignore words
with underscores in them? I'm using Word 2010 Beta.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are thinking of Internet and file addresses, note that there is an option to ignore those when spellchecking. I'm not using Word 2010 yet, but in Word 2007 it's in the Proofing category of the Word Options dialog box.

If you want to exclude all text that is underlined, you can do the following: Create a character style that includes underline formatting as well as "Do not check spelling and grammar" in its style definition. You can use Find and Replace to apply this style to existing underlined text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP