Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BobRob BobRob is offline

Default Word 2003 - Omit Blank Lines

I have complied a simple members' address database in Word 2003. This
includes Address 1 and Address 2. (UK style). Some members do not have an
Address 2 but when I insert the fields in a catalogue and merge to a new
document, those who do not have an Address 2 are shown with a blank line
against this field.

What do I insert to make sure blank lines are ommitted?

In previous versions of Word the Mail Merge Helper gave you at the final
stage the option to remove blank lines BUT in word 2003 the mail merge wizard
does not contain this option, at least I cannot find it :-(

Thanks for all suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Conditionally insert address 2 and its associated line feed eg

{Mergefield "Address 1"}{IF {Mergefield "Address 2"} "" "
{Mergefield "Address 2"}"}