Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brooke Brooke is offline

Default How do I get a get a squared symbol (for maths eq)?

How do I get the squared symbol so as I can include it in mathematics
equations? I am refferring to the small raised number 2 that you put on the
right hand side of what you are squaring? eg: (2+9)2 - how do I make that 2
smaller and raised so as it represents (2+9) multiplied by (2+9)???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the "2" and, on the Format menu, click Font. Click the Font
tab. Check the "Superscript" option, and click OK. A quicker way is to
press Ctrl+Shift+= on your keyboard.

Note that if you need more complex mathematical expressions, you will
have to use the Equation Editor. If you can't find it in Insert |
Object, see the following KB article:

Equation Editor is not available in the "Insert Object Type" list
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228569/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP