HJ

Default Repost: Record 1 contained too few data fields

I have set up a User DSN called PCI that uses the Microsoft Access Driver
and connects to a user database (.mdb) and a custom system database (.mdw).

I have used Microsoft Word to create a new .odc file (with +Connect to New
Data Source) to connect to a query called qryWord and this connection works
well.

Then I have set up a mail merge document that uses this .odc file. The data
link properties are set correctly and when I test the connection the result
is OK: "Test connection succeeded."

But when I close the Data Link Properties dialog box error messages are
being displayed: "Record 1 contained too few data fields." and "Record 2
contained too few data fields.".

In my test database the query qryWord returns three (3) records. That leads
me to the conclusion that the first record is considered a header row. And
since some fields in the first record are empty, there is a mismatch of the
number of header 'names' and the number of fields per record.

As a test I have exported the query results to a comma separated file (.csv)
with the use of a first row with field names; that file was merged with
correctly. If I do not include the first row with field names, the file is
not merged correctly.

Therefor I am looking for a solution to have the first row in my query not
be considered a header row by the .odc connection or by the User DSN (I do
not know which one is responsible for this). How do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

HJ