John Diston

Default English/American date formatting in XP mail merge

I'm having a problem with taking data from Excel and merging it into labels
using XP mail merge. The problem relates to Word reformatting dates from the
English format (dd/mm/yyyy), as it was entered in Excel, to the American
format (mm/dd/yyyy) when using mail merge. Can anybody let me know how I can
get round this as I really need the dates to stay in the English format?

Thanks very much.