Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jfilcik

Default Why can't I rename a Word doc from inside Word while it's open?

I always cringe when I realize I've named my doc the wrong this cause it
means it'll take me several steps to change it. WAY TOO HARD!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

File Save as with a new name. You can delete the old one at your leisure.
I can't think of any application that allows you to rename an open file.

jfilcik wrote:
I always cringe when I realize I've named my doc the wrong this cause
it means it'll take me several steps to change it. WAY TOO HARD!

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alejandro Ramirez

Exactly,

That's why this makes it a great suggestion!

Alejandro

jfilcik wrote:
I always cringe when I realize I've named my doc the wrong this cause
it means it'll take me several steps to change it. WAY TOO HARD!

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

I would think it could be implemented but I suspect it would cause more ills
than it would cure.

It isn't exactly an onerous task to correct such a mistake. And, if you
really regularly wrongly name files, you could easily write a macro to do
the necessary.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Great, maybe, but, I venture to say, impossible to implement.

so
all may benefit.

jfilcik wrote:
I always cringe when I realize I've named my doc the wrong this

cause
it means it'll take me several steps to change it. WAY TOO HARD!

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=38d300bb-e7
be-48f6-9787-4d5939146574&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Where was the suggestion? The OP looked more to me like a question (minus
the punctuation) and then a petty gripe about how much trouble it is to
rename an existing file. Like Graham said.

FileSave As and type the new name. How much easier can it really get?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: