Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Reggiee Reggiee is offline

Default date format

Hi All,

Am doing a mail merge using Word where the fields I need are stored in an
excel spreadsheet. One of these is a date column eg 29/06/2006 but when this
field is linked into Word it appears as 6/29/06 ie it seems to be taking the
US date format and not UK one - all my regional settings are set to UK so I
dont think its that. Any clues?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Reggiee Reggiee is offline

Good god - Ive seen it all now !!

And here was me hoping for a simple answer.

Thanks Graham as Ive never used/heard of these switches before - still find
it bizarre that MS with all their years of programming etc cant allow us
brits to stick with dd/mm/yyyy lol

Russ

Reggiee wrote:
Hi All,

Am doing a mail merge using Word where the fields I need are stored
in an excel spreadsheet. One of these is a date column eg 29/06/2006
but when this field is linked into Word it appears as 6/29/06 ie it
seems to be taking the US date format and not UK one - all my
regional settings are set to UK so I dont think its that. Any clues?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The software is American and the interface between Word and its data
accesses only the raw data stored in a US format. If you want it reproduced
in some other layout you have to tell it what you want.

Reggiee wrote:
Hi All,

Am doing a mail merge using Word where the fields I need are stored
in an excel spreadsheet. One of these is a date column eg 29/06/2006
but when this field is linked into Word it appears as 6/29/06 ie it
seems to be taking the US date format and not UK one - all my
regional settings are set to UK so I dont think its that. Any clues?

Thanks

How to suppress autotext US date format after typing current year Bagrat Microsoft Word Help 7 October 8th 08 07:26 AM
Date format question scott Mailmerge 4 May 2nd 06 10:25 PM
Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons Melissa Microsoft Word Help 13 January 30th 06 04:21 PM
Wrong mail merge date format sam Mailmerge 1 June 8th 05 01:23 PM
TextFile / Word 2000 Date format kbreiss Mailmerge 1 April 28th 05 04:08 PM