Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suzyrob

Default Password protection

Is there anyway to "unprotect" a document when no one can remember the
password. I have a huge document that was created with "tracking changes"
and now the changes cannot be accepted or rejected and the "track changes"
cannot be turned off, because it appears the document is protected. However
none of the people participating in making the changes recalls ever having
"protected" the document in the first place.
Thanks
"very frustrated"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aviator

Up s**ts creek without a paddle. Not much you can do. Type a new document or
try trial and error. You should be able to copy and paste the document while
it is protected. Paste it in a new document.

"suzyrob" wrote:

Is there anyway to "unprotect" a document when no one can remember the
password. I have a huge document that was created with "tracking changes"
and now the changes cannot be accepted or rejected and the "track changes"
cannot be turned off, because it appears the document is protected. However
none of the people participating in making the changes recalls ever having
"protected" the document in the first place.
Thanks
"very frustrated"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c3V6eXJvYg==?=,

Is there anyway to "unprotect" a document when no one can remember the
password. I have a huge document that was created with "tracking changes"
and now the changes cannot be accepted or rejected and the "track changes"
cannot be turned off, because it appears the document is protected. However
none of the people participating in making the changes recalls ever having
"protected" the document in the first place.

See if using Insert/File to bring it into a new document helps at all. This
will drop form field protection, but I've never tried it with track changes.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)