Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kucera

Default link to open document using DAV

Hi all,
I think this question belongs more here than to the programming group if
the description I read is correct.

What I need is to link the document such way, that from IE it is opened as
from DAV source.
If I open the document directly from word using open dialog and typing the
addres all works fine.
However if I click on a link on the webpage, the Word opens the document
and then(!) queries the server for OPTIONS. Even when it replies as DAV
server the Word doesn't do anything more.

Thank you for any ideas,
Jan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kucera

Hi,
actually I captured some packets and found word is trying to send some
OPTIONS but the server rejects it as 403 Forbidden without sending it to my
handler. This makes the problem off-topic, since I expect it will work then.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Jan