Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobW

Default Remember window size and position?

Is there a way in Word 2003 for Windows to have a Word.doc remember the size
of the window and its position on screen so that it re-opens the same way the
next time?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobW

Yup, thanks for verifying that it is the default behavior. that's what i
THOUGHT it was, but sometimes it doesn't seem to work right; I resized a .doc
window down this morning, saved and closed it, and when I double clicked on
it and reopened it, it opened in a much larger window. Same thing happened
several times with several different .docs, so I went looking for that
elusive 'setting' wondering if it had gotten changed somehow.

Sometimes Word's paint bucket palette stops working and I have to close all
docs and quit and relaunch Word, to fix it. Maybe there's some kind of
transient memory glitch happening sometimes, that can temporarily take out
the window size memory function, too. Just a wild guess.

"BobW" wrote in message
Is there a way in Word 2003 for Windows to have a Word.doc remember the

size
of the window and its position on screen so that it re-opens the same way

the
next time?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm probably the world's worst person to tackle this problem because (a) I
always run Word (and virtually every other application) maximized and (b) I
always start Word (using a keyboard shortcut) from a desktop shortcut that
is configured to open Word maximized (almost never by double-clicking on a
document, though when I do, they open maximized). So I'm not very
knowledgeable about the behavior of "Normal" windows, but I'm wondering if
the window size might perhaps reflect the last "Normal" window used in any
application, as opposed to Word specifically or this specific document.

Perhaps someone else with more experience in this area can offer more
guidance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This should be the default behavior. Are you seeing something different?

How
are you opening Word?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.