Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Neves

Default How do you configure the SEQ field ?

I need to put a sequential number on a word document, how do we configure the
SEQ field to do that?
When I try to put the SEQ field, it gives the error "Error! No sequence
specified.", how do you specifie the sequence?

Tanks for any help you can give.

Teresa Neves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Teresa,

{ SEQ mySeq } or {SEQ yourSeq } or {SEQ Thisseq } or {SEQ thatseQ } or
{SEQ Ed } or { SEQ Theresa } or { SEQ Anything }

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Each SEQ field must have an "identifier" -- a sort of name, consisting of
from 1 to 40 characters, beginning with a letter and including only letters,
numbers, and underscores. All the SEQ fields that contain the same
identifier belong to the same sequence; and any SEQ field that has a
different identifier belongs to a different sequence.

For example, if you insert fields {SEQ adam} {SEQ betty} {SEQ adam} in the
document, they'll display the numbers 1 1 2 because adam is one sequence and
betty is another sequence.

If you're trying to number a series of documents, each with a unique number,
then don't use SEQ fields at all. Instead, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman