Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

Default search for custom property

dear technical person,
i create a custom property to my document such as (project number) and then
i want to search for each document which has the value (2) in (project
number) property.
i face two issue:
1- when i open a normal document the custom field does not appear at all in
search property drop menue (file - search file - property).
2- when i open any document which has this custom property i found this
property in the drop menue of seach property (the advanse search) but the
reasult of searching is no document found although i am sure the is a
document exist in my computer, i am trying to seach everyware and all type
but the same mu document cannot be found by winword built in search?

i need to know how can i let the custom property appear in all document
seach property and also to find my document when i search for custom property.

i am using winword 2003 and windows xp sp2

thank you for your cooperation and i am appreciate your soonest response.

yours faithfully,
asma khorma