Jacob

Default How do you set a document to only print after it is saved first?

I have set up templates with file name and path in footers but if it is
printed before it is saved then the footer simply says "Document 1"

What properties do i need to set to make sure the file is saved before
printing?

Thanks
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:12:01 -0700, "Jacob"
wrote:

I have set up templates with file name and path in footers but if it is
printed before it is saved then the footer simply says "Document 1"

What properties do i need to set to make sure the file is saved before
printing?

Thanks

There is no property or option to do that. You need two macros in your
template to intercept the File Print command and the toolbar button,
and display the save dialog if necessary:

Public Sub FilePrint()
If ActiveDocument.Path = "" Then
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
End If
Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
End Sub

Public Sub FilePrintDefault()
If ActiveDocument.Path = "" Then
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
End If
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False
End Sub

Also make sure the "Update fields" option is checked in Tools
Options Print.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman