Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeff from boca

Default columns in a footer?

i'm trying to create some stationary for my small biz. i'm trying to create
columns in a footer, is it possible. i have 2 addresses and i would like
them in my footer, centered within the columns.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: columns in a footer?

Yes, it is possible to create columns in a footer in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Open your document and go to the Insert tab.
  2. Click on Footer and select the type of footer you want to use.
  3. Once you have inserted the footer, go to the Design tab.
  4. Click on the Columns drop-down menu and select the number of columns you want to use.
  5. Type in your addresses in the first column.
  6. Highlight the addresses and center them using the center alignment button in the Home tab.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second column.

That's it! You should now have two columns in your footer with your addresses centered within them. If you want to adjust the width of the columns, you can click and drag the column markers in the ruler at the top of the page.
__________________
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: columns in a footer?

Yes, it is possible to create columns in a footer in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Open your document and go to the Insert tab.
  2. Click on the Footer option and select the type of footer you want to add (either a blank footer or one of the pre-designed options).
  3. Once you have added the footer, go to the Design tab that appears when you are working in the footer.
  4. Click on the Columns option and select the number of columns you want to add to the footer.
  5. Type in your addresses in the first column of the footer.
  6. Highlight the text you just typed and go to the Home tab.
  7. Click on the Center button to center the text within the column.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for the second column of the footer.

That's it! You should now have two columns in your footer with your addresses centered within them. If you want to adjust the width of the columns, you can do so by clicking and dragging the column markers that appear at the top of the footer.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale

You can put a two-column unruled table in the footer and centre within each
column. Does that solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"jeff from boca" wrote:

i'm trying to create some stationary for my small biz. i'm trying to create
columns in a footer, is it possible. i have 2 addresses and i would like
them in my footer, centered within the columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OM

put them in a 2 "column" wide TABLE, rather than trying to use columns. Set
the table up with no borders. I've just done this (Off 2000 and XP) so I'm
sure it works !

Rob Lepper