Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
annice

Default problem printing brochure

I am using Word 2002, and have set up the layout for a four page
(single sheet, folded once) brochure, following the directions in the
Help file (multiple pages set as book fold, sheets per booklet set at
4). Everything seems fine till I go to print the file. No matter what
page(s) I ask for, all that prints is page 3 (which is on the correct
position on the paper).

I am printing on an HP 5550 inkjet printer. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For a four-page brochure, printing any one of the pages should print all
four. But Word's apparent inability to correctly print specified pages (or
even sets of pages) in a "Book fold" document is why I still use the method
described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. For
four-page "booklets" such as dance programs, I don't even do that, just use
two pages with two columns, arranged in the order 2, 3, 4, 1. Since page 1
is the cover and doesn't continue inside, this works for that particular
type of layout.

"annice" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using Word 2002, and have set up the layout for a four page
(single sheet, folded once) brochure, following the directions in the
Help file (multiple pages set as book fold, sheets per booklet set at
4). Everything seems fine till I go to print the file. No matter what
page(s) I ask for, all that prints is page 3 (which is on the correct
position on the paper).

I am printing on an HP 5550 inkjet printer. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
annice

Thanks, Suzanne.

I did have the idea to just use columns if I couldn't solve the
problem. It's surprising to me that Microsoft hasn't fixed this bug
(unless they did it in Word 2003). I didn't even find anything about it
in their Knowlege Base.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I think the reason you didn't find anything about it in the KB is that
nobody really uses the "Book fold" feature. I think most users try it once,
conclude that the feature is "not ready for prime time," and go back to
whatever they were doing before. Maybe I'm wrong, though, and it will be
fixed in Word 12 (hope, hope).

oups.com...