linnaea

Default All my new documents open with the cursor at the header location.

Using Word 2003
In print layout viewAll my new documents open in print layout view with the
cursor at the very top of the page, about 1/8 from the top. Top margin is
set to 1.0". In print preview the location appears to be at 1.0. I can put
the cursor in the right place on the page by going to View: Header and Footer
and clicking Switch between header & footer.

I rarely use a header/footer. I want the default page to open with the
cursor at the margin I select. How do I get the default to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hewrop

Default All my new documents open with the cursor at the header locati

This answered my question too, thanks

"linnaea" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2003
In print layout viewAll my new documents open in print layout view with

the
cursor at the very top of the page, about 1/8 from the top. Top margin is
set to 1.0". In print preview the location appears to be at 1.0. I can

put
the cursor in the right place on the page by going to View: Header and

Footer
and clicking Switch between header & footer.

I rarely use a header/footer. I want the default page to open with the
cursor at the margin I select. How do I get the default to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad to be of service.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"linnaea" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2003
In print layout viewAll my new documents open in print layout view

with
the
cursor at the very top of the page, about 1/8 from the top. Top

margin is
set to 1.0". In print preview the location appears to be at 1.0. I

can
put
the cursor in the right place on the page by going to View: Header and

Footer
and clicking Switch between header & footer.

I rarely use a header/footer. I want the default page to open with

the
cursor at the margin I select. How do I get the default to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kat

Suzanne, you have saved many extra hours of headaches with your
tutorials - for me too. I hope I can return the favor someday!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Glad to be of service.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"linnaea" wrote in message
news Using Word 2003
In print layout viewAll my new documents open in print layout view

with
the
cursor at the very top of the page, about 1/8 from the top. Top

margin is
set to 1.0". In print preview the location appears to be at 1.0. I

can
put
the cursor in the right place on the page by going to View: Header and
Footer
and clicking Switch between header & footer.

I rarely use a header/footer. I want the default page to open with

the
cursor at the margin I select. How do I get the default to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I live to serve. g

"Kat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Suzanne, you have saved many extra hours of headaches with your
tutorials - for me too. I hope I can return the favor someday!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Glad to be of service.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.