Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JimB JimB is offline

Default problem opening word 07

When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things,
the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as
noted below.

The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only?

Hide Help Open in Help Window

€¢ Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office
PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings,
click the Microsoft Office Button, click program name Options, click Trust
Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
If macro security is set to Disable all macros without notification, all
macros are automatically disabled. Use the following procedure to enable the
macro.

1. In the Trust Center dialog box, click Macro Settinqs, and then click
Disable all macros with notification.
2. Click OK in the Trust Center dialog box to apply the new setting. Click
OK to close the program options dialog box.
3. Close the file and the Microsoft Office program that you are using.

4. Open the file again. A Security Alert appears in the Document Information
Bar just below the ribbon. Click Enable Content to allow the macro to run.

At this point, I dont see this information bar or the enable content box

What's my next step?
Thanks, Jim B.